Dear reegle friends
I just wanted to give you a short update about the actual status of reegle and its upcoming developments. Comments are highly welcome and I am looking forward to hear your opinion on the planned projects.
- First the great news: In the last months reegle reached its big aim to get more than 50.000 visitors per month (we had a maximum of ~65.000 visitors). We are very happy, that the reegle service is used by so many people and we are looking forward to continuously grow.
- Several new Actors have been added to the Actor’s Catalogue. At the moment more than 1500 organisations are part of this catalogue for stakeholders in the fields of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
- The reegle Geoweb Project is in conceptual status:
The scope of the reegle geoweb project is to provide the information about Actors, Training & Education, News and Events as well as country profiles (policy database) to the reegle users via a map based application (Google Maps) – this follows reegle’s objective to support the global & regional advancement of energy efficiency and renewables in a fast & easy to use way.Google Maps are the ideal extension to reegle to show renewable energy and energy efficiency related information on a (zoom-able) world-map – to provide information via geo-browsing. The general idea is to implement a Google map with the 3 filters (type, topic and region) and give detailed information in an easy-to-use dashboard after choosing an entry.This extension of reegle with Google Maps will give all interested parties a tool to provide a global view on Actors, Training Courses and News and to locate relevant information easily.
- reegle will get a brandnew design in 2009:
As the reegle design is some years old and we experienced several usability problems, we will introduce a brandnew design in early 2009. Through a selection process by a experts-jury one design has been chosen and we are actually working out the details. This will include a complete shift to a dynamic startpage using web-widgets and other personalisable features. I attached the winning proposal, so feel free to have a look on it and send us your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- reegle will be at the Carbon Forum Asia 2008:
We will have a booth at this exiting event in Singapore and I hope to meet some of our users there. You can find us in the exhibition hall at booth A1 and I will keep you up-to-date about the things going on there.
That’s it – I am looking forward to your feedback,