The initiative aims at presenting key findings from the report, but also at giving the public a chance to engage and become part of the GSR community.
The series started with a GSR2011 launch event in Suva, Fiji, initiated and coordinated by Dr Atul Raturi, Head of the School of Engineering and Physics, University of the South Pacific.
Read more about the event.
A second GSR Outreach Event was held by REN21 in advance of the IRENA Innovation and Technology Centre (IITC) opening, on Friday, October 7.
GSR event was hosted by the German Federal Ministry for the Environment (BMU) and brought together speakers Janet L. Sawin – lead author of the GSR, Jürgen Becker – State Secretary of the BMU, Mohamed El Ashry – Chairman of REN21, Rainer Hinrichs-Rahlwes – Member of the Board of BEE and Karsten Sach – Deputy Director-General for International Cooperation, BMU. The event was moderated by Christine Lins, Executive Secretary of REN21.
Presentation on the key facts and figures from the GSR2011, given by Janet L. Sawin, and other event details are now available here.
Schedule of GSR2011 planned events:
- 4 October 2011 – Suva, Fiji Islands (The University of the South Pacific)
- 7 October 2011 – Bonn, Germany (BMU)
- 24 October 2011 – Accra, Ghana (ECREEE Regional Workshop Acceleration Universal Energy Access through the use of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency)
- 1 / 2 November 2011 – Abu Dhabi (in cooperation with IRENA)
- 1-3 November 2011 – Singapore (ADB/Sustainable Energy Association of SingaporeClean Energy Expo Asia 2011)
- 12 November 2011 – Washington DC (Rush Holt)
- 22 November 2011 – Casablanca, Morocco (African Renewable Energy Alliance / World Future Council)
- November 2011 – Copenhagen (t.b.c.)
For further information please contact email@example.com